As we all know, food grade hose is used to transport edible oil, beverage, milk, liquor and other food. Therefore, the hose made from bioethylene food grade material was born! The bio-friendly vinyl hose is one of the earliest produced from biological resources in the world. In order to protect human health, it not only meets the EU 10/2011 standard, but also meets the FDA’s American food grade standard. Have good mechanical properties. Does not contain phthalic acid plasticizer; It is halogen-free and reduces carbon dioxide emissions and treatment processes during production. This material is resistant to bacteria, hydrolysis resistance, strong weather resistance, ozone resistance, UV resistance, resistance to a variety of chemicals, is an indispensable partner for edible oil manufacturers!
Something needing attention in the use of food grade rubber hose:
- Food grade hose composition: Generally speaking, food grade rubber hose has a synthetic rubber inner layer, used to keep the fluid transferred by the hose in the pipe.The hose requires a reinforcement layer made of steel wire or fibers woven together or wound together to resist the pressure inside the tube. The inner layer is mainly white, and the reinforcing layer is 1 or more spiral steel wires.
- Working pressure: The recommended working pressure of the hose and joint should be greater than or equal to the working pressure of the system.The pulse or peak pressure in the system must be less than or equal to the operating pressure of the hose assembly.
- 3. Test pressure: The test refers to the usual use of water or other suitable medium at room temperature.The hose assembly should be held at twice the working pressure for 30 to 60 seconds without leakage or pressure drop, and should be held for 5 minutes without leakage or pressure drop.The assembly pressure test can be considered qualified. This test was performed according to ISO 1402.
- 4. Bursting pressure: It means that the pressure that causes the hose to rupture should be 4 times the working pressure (at present, the vast majority of enterprises are 4 times the pressure to design and produce the hose), but the bursting pressure value in the product sample is only used as the hose production test, not as the basis for hose selection.
- 5. Fluid compatibility: The hose assembly must have good chemical compatibility with the medium in contact, otherwise it may cause the hydraulic system can not work normally or the hose aging and failure in advance.
- Temperature range: In order to avoid the performance of food grade hose being affected, the temperature of the medium and the surrounding environment should not exceed the temperature range of the hose itself, otherwise it will make the hose aging in advance, leading to leakage.
How to choose food grade hose?
- Food grade hoses need to have food grade certificates such as FDA and BFR, so food grade rubber hoses can only be used in food factories with corresponding food grade certificates.
- Specific selection of factors to consider are: food grade rubber pipe diameter size, working temperature, working pressure, silicon.The length of the hose and the form of its fittings and joints.