Rubber discharge hose is a common material for water discharge. Mainly in road, tunnel, green belt and pool. Besides, it’s suitable for irrigation. However, there are PVC discharge hose and rubber discharge hose on the market. Some people may not sure which one is better. Thus let me introduce you both of them.
Advantages of PVC discharge hose
1. It has great corrosion, aging and impact resistance. With a long service life, it’s an ideal material for structure water and chemical pollution discharge.
2. Easy to install. The weight of PVC hose is just 1/7 of the cast iron one with the same diameter. Thus it can help speed up the engineering schedule and reduce the construction charge.
3. Smooth inner wall makes it hard to block. Besides, special designed check hole makes it convenient to check.
4. Cost saving. The comprehensive cost of PVC water discharge hose is much lower than metal one. Of course, the maintenance cost is also lower.
However, it still has defect
1. Easy to aging. Because of the strong UV in the wild, the service life will be not long.
2. UPVC discharge hose has poor pressure and low temp resistance. Besides, it can’t bear heat and flame.
3. Loud noise. Because the inner wall is smooth, the water can’t flow along with the wall. It is a mass inside and crush the hose.
Then, let’s analyze the rubber discharge hose
1. Rubber discharge hose has higher tensile and compress strength. But it’s not flexible as PVC hose.
2. Small fluid resistance. The inner wall is very smooth and not affect to the fluid. Thus the water transfer ability could be 20% higher than metal pipe.
3. Excellent corrosion and chemical resistance. Rubber water discharge hose resists acid and alkali. Besides, it is immune to moisture and acid soil. Thus you don’t have do do anti-corrosion work.
We can see both of the PVC and rubber discharge hose have their advantages. Therefore, you should choose on your work condition. If you still not sure, contact OrientFlex. We will offer you the best solution.