We know that the stretching strength and tensile strength are two important index for rubber products like hose and sheet. Then what are the factors that affect these two strength? Let’s talk about it.
Stretching strength means that the stretching stress when the stretch distance reach the given size. The factors affect stretching strength are as follow:
1. The larger the molecular weight is, the larger the stretching stress will be
2. If the molecular weight distribution is narrow, the stretching press and hardness will reduce
3. The larger the force among molecular is, the higher the stretching press is
4. The stretching press and strength will be higher with the increasing of crosslinking density. Traditional vulcanize system can get higher stretching press and strength
5. It will be higher with the reduce of filter radius, the increase of surface structure and activity, and the increase of filter dosage
6. The stretching press and strength will be lower with the increase of soften agent dosage
7. Plastic and rubber compound will improve the stretching press and strength, like NR/PE, HS, NBR/PVC and EPDM/PP.
Tensile strength means the max stretching stress during the stretch to breakage The factors affect tensile strength are as follow:
1. With the increase of molecular weight, the tensile strength becomes larger. Normally the tensile strength is the best when the molecular weight is from 300-500 thousand.
2. If the molecular weight distribution is narrow, the tensile strength will be high
3. If there is polarity substituent group in the main chain, tensile strength will increase with the force among molecular. For example, in the NBR, the tensile strength increases with the increase of acrylonitrile.
4. The tensile strength increases according to the crystallinity. For example, NRM, CR, CSM have high tensile strength
5. The smaller the particle of carbon black is, the higher tensile strength will be
6. If the dosage of soften agent is more than 5 serving, the tensile strength will reduce
From above content we can see that there are many factors affect the stretching and tensile strength. We OrientFlex is a professional manufacturer of all kinds of plastic and rubber hoses. If you have any questions about the production procedure or need hoses, just contact us. We will offer you the best products and service.