The brake hose assembly consists of brake hose and joint. While the connect is permanent between the hose and joint. This is achieved by crimp of the joint part relative to the hose.
Under the pressure of 6.9 MPa and 10.3 MPa, the max expansion of the hose assembly shall not exceed the value in Table 2.
During the test, each sample of the hose must be under the pressure of 27.6 MPa for 2 minutes. And the hose must not break. While the min burst pressure of the hose is 34.5 MPa.
How to choose brake hose
Focus on the following points when purchase and use brake hose:
1. Choose products from regular brand with the CCC logo, name and date of production.
2. Choose the suitable brake hose that fits the vehicle model. Besides, you should identify the pipe body marks. For example, the letter ‘HR’ of the pipe body means the standard expansion hydraulic hose. While “HL” means the low one. “A” means the hose is for air brake system. While “V” means it’s for vacuum brake system.
3. Do not use brake hoses with crack, corrosion and bubble on the surface.
How to maintain the brake hose
The brake hose is an important part to ensure the safe driving of the vehicle. Thus you should pay more attention to the check.
1. Check regularly to keep the surface of the brake hose clean and avoid corrosion.
2. Avoid pulling by external force.
3. Frequently check whether the joint of the brake hose is loose or not tightly sealed.
4. If the brake hose used for a long time is found to be aging, not tightly sealed or scratched, replace it in time.