The compensator is also called expansion joint or expansion joint. It consists of bellows (an elastic element) and end pipes, brackets, flanges, ducts and other accessories that constitute its working body. Belongs to a compensation element. Utilize the effective expansion and contraction of its working body bellows to absorb the dimensional changes caused by thermal expansion and contraction of pipelines, pipes, and containers, or to compensate for axial, lateral, and angular displacements of pipelines, pipes, and containers. It is widely used in modern industry, mainly for noise and vibration reduction.
These points are worth noting when installing metal compensators:
1. The metal compensator should be checked for its model, specifications and pipeline configuration before installation, and must meet the design requirements.
2. For the compensator with inner sleeve, care should be taken to make the direction of the inner sleeve consistent with the medium flow direction, and the hinge rotation plane of the hinge type compensator should be consistent with the displacement rotation plane.
3. A “cold tight” compensator is required. The auxiliary components used for pre-deformation should be removed after the pipeline is installed.
4. It is strictly forbidden to use the method of deformation of the corrugated compensator to adjust the installation tolerance of the pipeline, so as not to affect the normal function of the compensator, reduce the service life and increase the load of the piping system, equipment and support members.
5. During the installation of the metal compensator, welding slag is not allowed to splash on the surface of the wave shell, and the wave shell is not allowed to be damaged by other machinery.
6. After the installation of the piping system, the yellow auxiliary positioning members and fasteners used for installation and transportation on the corrugated compensator should be removed as soon as possible, and the limit device should be adjusted to the specified position according to the design requirements, so that the piping system can be used under environmental conditions. Full compensation capacity.